Fun Groundhog Day Activity for Kids!
Watch your groundhog pop in and out of his burrow with this simple Groundhog Day craft!
- Styrofoam cup
- Popsicle stick
- Green, brown, black and white construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Cut a medium-sized heart shape and two small rectangles with rounded tops out of the brown construction paper. Cut a small heart out of the black and the white construction papers.
- Glue the white heart to the underside of the bottom of the brown heart to form teeth.
- Glue the black heart, right-side up, onto the middle of the brown heart to form the nose.
- Glue the two brown rectangles onto the back of the brown heart, keeping the rounded tops sticking out to form ears.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Add a dab of glue to the popsicle stick and attach the groundhog.
- Cut a long strip from the green construction paper and snip along the top to make “grass.” Glue the strip to the inside of the Styrofoam cup.
- Cut slit at the bottom of the cup to fit the popsicle stick. Insert popsicle stick and move up and down to watch your groundhog come in and out of his burrow!