Our Private Kindergarten Program introduces a more formal education while continuing to promote the joy and wonder children have about their world. Aligned with national and state standards for Kindergarten, we balance structure and subject focus with exploration and fun. Low student/teacher ratios and smaller class sizes allow our degreed Kindergarten teachers to spend quality time with each child. We know that a small, secure environment provides a sense of belonging. Your child will love coming to school and you’ll love how much your child learns.
Here are some basic facts about our Private Kindergarten Program:
- Private Kindergarten is a full day of school, Monday – Friday
- Our comprehensive educational program includes science and nature, social studies, fine arts, and social-emotional development objectives in addition to literacy, math and handwriting.
- We offer nationally recognized and award-winning curricula aligned with state standards for Kindergarten including: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Journeys® reading and literacy program, McGraw-Hill Everyday Mathematics®, and Handwriting Without Tears®.
- Our classroom structure and academic-focus is balanced with child-directed learning centers, free-choice times, exploration and outdoor play.
- Our teachers perform ongoing developmental assessment of students, with Family-Teacher Conferences in November and May.
- We strongly believe in the daily connection between school and home. Communication is vital between families and teachers at drop-off and pick-up times.
- Students must meet the kindergarten entry-age requirement for your state in order to be eligible to enter the Private K program. This stipulation is in place to ensure that all children who graduate from our Private K program will be able to enter first grade the next fall.
- Students must attend our Private Kindergarten Monday-Friday for the full kindergarten day.
Additional Components of Program
- We provide families with extensive progress reports with assessment information.
- We also plan field trips to enhance the children’s learning experiences. These are planned at each school by their administrative and teaching staff.
- Our Private Kindergarten teachers are supported by an Education Manager for Private Kindergarten who is available by phone and email. The Education Manager can make school visits as well.
We are excited to be able to offer your child a complete educational path from infancy through Kindergarten. Call your School Director to see if our Private Kindergarten program is available in your school and to learn how to enroll.