Both Teacher and Provider Appreciation Days are celebrated in May. During this month, thousands of communities will take time to honor their teachers and caregivers and acknowledge the role they play in instilling a love of learning in the children in their care. Looking for an inexpensive yet heartfelt way to say “thank you” that both you and your child can create together? We offer some homemade gift ideas below:
- Write a letter to your child’s teacher, telling her why she inspires you and your child or thanking her for helping your child learn or accomplish something new.
- Your child can personalize stationery using rubber stamps or felt stickers.
- Nominate your favorite teacher as a NEA (National Education Association) Classroom Superhero.
- Spend a little time in the kitchen with your child baking a yummy treat, such as these decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
- Purchase a small potted plant. Have your child decorate a small card stock sign that reads, “Thank You for Helping Me Grow”, then have him or her help glue it onto a garden stake to insert into the pot.
- Decorate a plain fabric tote bag by having your child paint, draw and/or stamp images onto it.