These 10 useful “Back to School” items probably aren’t on your classroom’s school supply list!
- Flash drive for saving important assignments, school documents and more.
- Printer ink and printer paper so you don’t have to worry about being out of ink the night before your kid’s book report is due.
- Water bottle (if your school permits it) so your child doesn’t have to keep getting up and down throughout the day to get water.
- Headphones for any computer class they have, or so they can listen to music while they study or do homework.
- Compact umbrella for rainy days.
- Routine chart to make sure everyone stays on track during busy mornings (you can find a lot of free ones online!).
- Lots and lots of plastic sandwich/snack bags so you can quickly throw your little ones’ lunches together in the morning.
- Binder for neatly storing your kiddos’ school projects so you can show them the progress they make throughout the year.
- Loose leaf paper for practicing spelling over and over and over and over again.
- Mini hand sanitizer since that bottle in the classroom will run out at some point.
Sources: https://www.yellowpages.ca/tips/6-items-that-arent-on-the-school-supply-list/; https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2017/08/22/back-school-list-nobody-tells-you/584216001/; https://www.weareteachers.com/15-unexpected-but-totally-genius-items-to-add-to-your-school-supply-list/; https://www.surfandsunshine.com/unique-back-to-school-supplies/; http://www.littlelakecounty.com/back-to-school-supplies-you-didnt-know-you-needed/; https://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/816349/5-school-supplies-you-didn-t-think-you-needed-1