Whether your kiddos are daytime grazers or you’re looking for after-school snacks, having some simple and healthy foods at the ready will help ensure kids aren’t over-eating and interfering with their meals. One of the kids’ favorite snack manufacturers – Darlington Snacks – has partnered with us this month to offer you a discount on their snacks at home. (View the discount code below!) Enjoy them with one of these fun Grow Fit-approved recipes!
Dip-It! Kids love to dip at any age
- Pair low-fat vanilla yogurt with Darlington Berry Animal Crackers.
- Prep veggie bags ahead of time.Cut up carrots, peppers and cucumbers and pair with your favorite hummus.
- As an alternative to fried chips, try Darlington’s Bean and Veggie Cracker with salsa.
- Looking for something sweet that isn’t cake, candy, or cookies?Try Darlington’s Sweet Potato Crackers paired with seed or nut butters for a tasty treat.
Top It! Parfaits can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. You can even make them in mini-mason jars to take on the go with you.
- Make mini-apple pie parfaits by layering these items bottom to top (crushed graham crackers, diced apples, applesauce, and a dollop of vanilla yogurt).
- Make berry good yogurt parfaits by layering from top to bottom (Yogurt, granola, berries, and then repeat).
- Healthy banana split!Layer from top to bottom (yogurt, granola, diced banana, diced strawberries, diced pineapple, yogurt).For extra fun put just a few sprinkles and a cherry on top!
Roll It! Two things are always better than one, so put these tasty snacks together to make it twice as fun.
- A slice of cheese and deli meat rolled together.Simple yet satisfying!
- Top a tortilla with seed or nut butter and a small amount of jam.Roll and take with you anywhere!
Grab-It! For a quick grab-and-go bite, try these snacks!
- Whole grain crackers and fresh fruit is a great snack to pack up into plastic or reusable baggies. For something new, try Darlington’s Whole Grain Cheddar Cheese crispy crackers!
- Make up bags of trail mix ahead of time. Pick out 4 or 5 of your favorite mini-snacks and mix them together. Some ideas include mini-pretzels, raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, cereal, nuts, and mini-crackers. Darlington makes three kinds of mini crackers called Spikerz that are popular with the kids at our centers. They come in nacho cheese (slightly spicy), ranch or original. Toss those into your trail mix!